Content of this article:
PVC Facade Panels
This is a beautiful, convenient solution - they fasten easily, as a designer, protect the house from moisture and the effects of precipitation, save heat, create a unique design. There are many of them - from metal, stone, vinyl, glass. Cement and wood, finished under the brick, under the same tree, suitable for plastering them.
Original color finish
But in order for all the advantages to appear, you need to veneer the house not with any panels, but with those that are best suited for it. They must be made of a suitable material first.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is the most common material for panels. Its main characteristic is the low price - laid on the lining of the house, may be small.
Beautiful, convenient solution
PVC has advantages:
- Diversity. Like any plastic, PVC can be given any color, any texture. Patterned panels, panels made under natural wood or stone, brick or glass, multi-colored and with drawings - among PVC there are panels for every taste. With their help, you can make any design without thinking that the tree is rotting, the stone is too heavy - it is enough to find a good imitation.
- Ease. PVC is the lightest material available. This is a big plus, since its weight will withstand even the thinnest walls and no calculations will be required. In addition, you can deliver purchased PVC panels home by your own machine.
- Resilience. They are not afraid of water, biological irritants, mechanical effects, they retain their original shape well. Rodents and parasites cannot spoil them, they do not melt in the heat (if you do not buy a low-quality segment), they do not need to be cared for.
- Easy installation. Because of the weight and because of the ease of attachment, even a person who has never tried to repair can handle PVC. And if something does not work out - or if the panel is damaged later - you can always replace it with another one, the same one. It does not cause any special damage to the budget.
Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) is the most common material for panels.PVC is also characterized by durability - some manufacturers promise that their panels will last half a century, or even longer. This, however, is possible only under good weather conditions and the absence of mechanical effects.
Benefits are balanced by minuses:
- Thermal expansion. Installed panels with time, under the influence of heat, can expand and go in waves, completely destroying the entire design. But this behavior is typical for PVC with low quality.
- Lack of frost resistance. In the cold, PVC becomes brittle, a light blow may break or bend it, therefore it is not recommended to carry out installation in the cold, and in the winter it is better to exercise caution.
- Lack of resistance to fire. In case of fire, the panels will not light up, but will begin to melt and smoke.
PVC is characterized by durability
Under PVC you need to attach a warming material, otherwise the insulation performance will be low.
There are two subspecies of PVC facade panels:
- Classical. The width is thirty to forty centimeters, length from three to four meters. It is laid down most often horizontally, since with a vertical installation it is necessary to cut it, imitates wood in most cases, although metal is also found.
- Ground floor. With the same width, its length is up to a meter, which allows it to be laid both vertically and horizontally. It is believed that it is more reliable, but in fact it is easier to replace the short bar than the long bar if something happens to it. Most often imitates natural stone or brick.
Install PVC from the bottom up, from the foundation to the roof.
In the cold PVC becomes brittle, a light blow can break or bend it.BoardIn appearance, PVC panels are difficult to distinguish from the material that they imitate, especially from afar. Therefore, if you are satisfied with their properties, you can replace the natural material with them. Return to menu ↑ return to menu
Wooden front panels are made either from lining or from planken. Despite the fact that both are blackboards, they have specific features that influence the design, the nuances of operation.
Option for decorating the house with a tree
Lining is a thin board with a convex surface. On both sides it has grooves with which one bracket is attached to the other. It is usually made from inexpensive wood species, most often softwood.
The advantages are as follows:
- Easy installation. It is not harder to assemble than PVC - the same constructor of the form "insert a spike into the groove, latches, repeat."
- Natural material. It is rather a matter of aesthetics than anything else - lining looks like natural wood. The bark pattern is always different, as is the shade of color.
- Environmental friendliness. The material breathing does not emit any harmful vapors.
- Low price. Lining is only slightly more expensive than PVC.
Wooden facade panels are made either from lining or from planken
But like most natural wood, lining is not stable. From moisture, it rots, swells. From the dry heat cracks, cracks. It can damage the parasites, it can grow moss. To avoid this, it is necessary from time to time (preferably every spring) to update a special composition covering the facade.
There are no such problems with the planken. It is the same board, but with a smooth surface and without any slots. The edges of it are either straight or beveled, the thickness is usually around two centimeters. Most often they are made of larch - the tree is relatively expensive, but resistant to moisture.
The advantages are as follows:
- Resilience. Unlike lining, does not crack in the heat and does not suffer from moisture.
- Interesting fastening system. Not only provides ventilation, but also allows you to add a touch to the overall design.
- beauty. Like any natural wood, planken is beautiful.
- Easy part replacement. Although the installation itself requires more skill than in the case of clapboard, it is easier to replace a damaged element - it is enough to simply unscrew it and not remove it from the slot system.
Wood is one of the most beautiful and expensive materials.
Its main drawback is the high price. It is necessary to pay more for larch, besides impregnated with special compositions at the production stage, than for pine.
Interestingly, in the absence of slotting, planken can be fixed in two ways:
- Visible. In this case, the board scrolls right through to the front. The caps of the screws can be a small but entertaining touch to the design.
- Hidden. In this case, the board is attached to a special device attached to the facade - from the side it seems that nothing holds it.
The installation of this material requires great skill.
Both the wall paneling and the fuel plate are flammable - if a fire happens in the house, the facade will also burn.BoardWood is a beautiful material, but rather impractical (or expensive). It makes sense to put it only if you just want wooden panels and no others. Return to menu ↑ return to menu
Metal is a relatively expensive material, the price of which directly determines the quality of the resulting facade. It has the following advantages:
- Ease. Of course, the weight of the metal is greater than that of PVC, but it is still small enough to just deliver it.
- Strength. In contrast to PVC and lining, metal will not be harmed by mechanical impacts - it is difficult to break it or punch a hole. You can, perhaps, leave a small dent, but you can right it.
- Resilience. Metal is resistant to fire, biological irritants, temperature changes. It does not change from the heat, does not become brittle in the cold. It can not harm the pests.
- Moisture resistance. It is provided either by stainless steel or by special coating. The second is cheaper, but also more fragile - if the coating is damaged, the metal under it will quickly rust.
- Aesthetics. Metal can be of different colors, but it is always beautiful, has a specific luster, special charm. Available in different colors, may even have a smooth surface.
Metal is a relatively expensive material.
Of course, it has disadvantages:
- Noise. If you install the panels horizontally, at a small angle, in each rain drops will drum on them, creating a loud annoying sound.
- Installation difficulty. Metal is most often welded into a single web - it becomes insensitive to any influences in general, but the procedure requires equipment and skills that you most likely do not have. In addition, after the completion of the work to replace one of the failed panel will be difficult. And even if the panels will be installed with screws, you will need to drill holes for them, which also requires skill.
Under the metal must lay a layer of insulation. If a tree can do without it, then the metal - no way. It also accumulates static electricity, because it is a bad idea to fix satellite dishes and air conditioners on such a facade.
It has a specific brilliance, special charmBoardMetal to cover the facade should be used if it is well combined with the architecture of the house. The effect of using it is usually very strict. Return to the menu ↑ Return to the menu
Fiber cement is different from conventional cement for the most part by the method of processing: it is first mixed, then passed through special holes under high pressure, forming the panel itself. Then it is allowed to cure for several hours, baked at a high temperature and covered with compositions to repel moisture, coupled with general reinforcement.
The resulting panels can look like any material and have the following advantages:
- Resilience. They do not burn, do not rot, are not afraid of biological threats, do not suffer from heat or cold, do not change color in the sun.
- Ease. Heavier than PVC, in lightness can be compared to wood.
- Strength. Resistant to mechanical damage, can serve up to half a century.
- Thermal insulation. Unlike PVC and metal, it does not need additional insulation - the material itself retains heat well enough.
- Diversity. Fibrotsement produced painted in different colors, forged by different materials. Its surface can be smooth or textured, resemble a tree or a stone so that it is difficult to distinguish.
- Ability to carry out installation in any conditions. Even with a strong cold.
Fiber cement is different from conventional cementFiber cement is so resistant to moisture that it can be a problem - not only will it not penetrate, but it will not get out, which may affect the strength of the walls of the facade. In addition, over time, the plates are deformed, although only two percent - it is not very noticeable.
The special feature of fiber cement is that you can not only buy it in finished form, but also paint it yourself.BoardIf you want to decorate the facade without a special increase in the load on the foundation, and then also paint it to your own taste - fiber cement is a good solution. Especially if you want not a uniform color, but an intricate pattern and hand-painted.
This material is resistant to moisture.return to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
From glass and stone
Both glass and stone are rarely used to finish the facade. This is due to a number of specific disadvantages:
- Great value. The stone must be mined and delivered, the glass must be made and tempered so that it is resistant to mechanical damage.
- Weight. Both materials weigh so much that their transportation becomes a problem. In addition, you still need to calculate the load on the foundation - if it is too big, the house will simply sinking.
- High thermal conductivity. Both materials heat up easily and cool down just as easily. In the summer, they provide an additional temperature increase inside the house, and a decrease in the winter. And if the stone can still be insulated, the glass is not always.
- Installation difficulty. Glass is mounted on a special metal mesh that you need to be able to install — and a person without experience cannot do it. The stone is mounted on the panel, which, due to the final weight, is hard to mount.
The house inside will always be full of light
In addition, if the stone does not require any care, then the glass should be regularly cleaned with special means, otherwise it will lose transparency, and with it its main advantage is the chic appearance.
Cons of both materials are the same. But the advantages of each specific.
For a stone it is:
- Reliability. Any stone construction can last for centuries, since it is not sensitive to mechanical damage, does not wear out, does not fade in the sun, does not suffer from temperature changes, does not become brittle in the cold, and does not warp from the heat. He is not afraid of biological threats, he bravely endures any weather. The maximum that can happen with a stone facade is that it will grow moss, but for some designs this will only benefit.
- Aesthetics. Natural stone is beautiful, like any other natural material. Every pebble in the masonry is unique.
The stone does not require any careOf course, the stone can not be given a different color than the natural one, but this is a very conditional minus - after all, the stone is bought in order to please natural beauty.
The glass has other advantages:
- beauty. Regardless of whether the glass panels will be used as walls or fixed on them - the result will look amazing anyway. Plus, in the first case, the house inside will always be full of light.
- Diversity. There are different glasses - opaque, transparent, mirror, with a dusting, with an engraving, changing color on the sun, reinforced. With their help, you can create a magnificent composition, especially if you combine several types of glass.
Natural stone is as beautiful as any other natural material.
Suitable for facade decoration:
- Clear glass. It is used rather to replace conventional dense walls - with their help, part of the facade becomes completely permeable to light. In Russia, unfortunately, for the most part inapplicable - a long snowy winter does not have to make a glass facade near the house.
- Frosted glass. Much more logical in the climate of our country. Fastened to the wall of the house, like ordinary panels, can have any shade to the taste of the customer. To add beauty to it, you can use stained glass inserts (or turn part of the facade into a stained glass window completely), laser engraving with a pattern, sputtering, which will give the glass a special rough texture. You can even buy reinforced glass, which is distinguished by the texture "in the square."
Part of the facade can even be made a mirror, but on sunny days it will shine and blind everyone who carelessly looks at it.
A sandwich panel is, in fact, a finished facade cladding, which does not need to be additionally warmed, just enough to fix on the wall. Consists of two layers of cladding material, between which is insulated.
For the outer layers are usually used:
- Metal. The material is thin, durable, desperately needs additional warming, since it cannot provide any thermal insulation itself. Resistant to everything, durable, beautiful, but it is difficult to mount panels from it.
- PVC. It becomes brittle in the frost, can emit toxic fumes with poor quality, but is a little worth, comes in a variety of colors, easy to transport, easy to fix.
Sandwich panels are, in fact, finished facade cladding.
Neither wood, nor fiber cement, nor glass, nor stone are used for sandwich panels, since they themselves are capable of providing thermal insulation.
Insulation is used for the inner layer:
- Mineral wool. It does not burn, does not rot, is not sensitive to biological threats - no parasites will start there. But you need to pay attention to tightness - if moisture gets on the cotton wool, it will lose most of its thermal insulation properties.
- Polystyrene. It does not spoil because of water and serves for a long time, but it burns, emitting acrid black smoke, and also suffers from biological threats - rodents can live in it. It is also not resistant to sunlight and, if there is a hole in the panel, it will partially collapse.
- Polyurethane foam. More expensive than other materials, but also better in terms of heat preservation - it releases twice as slowly as mineral wool, and one and a half times slower than polystyrene. Does not burn, does not suffer from moisture, is very light. The only drawback - it can get rodents.
This material is easy to assemble.
You can combine materials in three ways:
- Assemble on the spot. In this case, you buy sheets of facing material, insulation and glue, and then you can assemble them into sandwich panels right on the spot. Advantages - ease of delivery, because individually all is easier. The disadvantage is poor quality, especially if you break the assembly rules.
- Pour. In this case, you buy facing sheets and a balloon with polyurethane foam, and then fill the voids between the sheets. The disadvantage is that you have to wait until everything is dry, and besides, if you act carelessly due to inexperience, lacunae can form in the foam that deteriorate the insulation.
- To purchase. Conveyor assembly is more expensive, requires accuracy in terms of delivery. But at the same time, sandwich panels are precisely made according to all the requirements of GOST, they will last for decades. And if something is wrong with them, you can always contact the seller with a complaint.
Beautiful modern house
Regardless of the way in which materials were combined, sandwich panels have advantages:
- Easy installation. Sandwich panels are assembled on the same principle of the designer, where you need to fasten the spike into the groove and you can proceed to the next coupling.
- Resilience. Any external material will easily survive and humidity, and temperature drops, and any atmospheric phenomena.
- No need to warm. To carry out facing of a facade sandwich panels it at the same time to warm it and to cover with facing material.
- Ease. Panels do not give a special load on the foundation.
There are disadvantages:
- Lack of aesthetics. Only simple architectural structures can be faced with sandwich panels, since they do not bend, they cannot be cut, the length is not adjusted.
- Combustibility. Almost all fillers are combustible, which will affect a fire.
Simple and inexpensive home decoration
The design of sandwich panels is usually the simplest: a uniform bright color. You can make the house striped, but with their help lay out complex patterns will not work.BoardIf you want to revet the facade with plastic or metal, choose a sandwich panel. The aesthetic effect will be exactly the same, but you do not have to mess with insulation.
It will be interesting for you:
210+ Photos of beautiful brick houses (one-story / two-story). Facing facades do it yourself
Facade materials for exterior decoration of the house (225+ Photo): types of cladding with incredible resultsreturn to menu ↑ return to menu ↑
Nuances of registration
Resistant to weathering and mechanical stress, the material that provides thermal insulation and protects the walls of the house from wear, this is not all that is usually needed in order to enjoy looking at the house. Otherwise, everyone would live in houses sheathed with simple sandwich panels. Aesthetics is important.
It affects the location of the panels:
- Vertical. Will make the house visually higher, which is useful for small squat houses.
- Horizontal. It will make the house lower, wider in appearance, which is useful for tall houses that look too narrow.
- Brick. It is used for baseboards - they do not fit exactly one over the other, but with the indentation of how the bricks fit. It looks good, special visual changes in the form does not carry.
Vertical products will make the house visually taller.
Colors affect it:
- Bright white color looks good, but you need to constantly wash it, otherwise it will very quickly fade and turn gray.
- Bright black color for houses is usually not used if it is not a gothic style house. Exception - black background with a bright pattern or accessories that attract attention. But anyway, it is usually considered that the effect is too gloomy.
- Shades of yellow. Sunny color will attract attention to the house, make it visually cozier and more pleasant. A common color that looks good surrounded by a garden.
- Shades of green. They are rarely used for summer cottages, because a green house immersed in greenery will look a bit strange. But for a country cottage, surrounded by other buildings, a garage and a neat garden, soft shades of mint or light green are well suited.
Bright white color looks good, but you need to constantly wash it.
- Shades of red. They are usually considered to be too bright, therefore undesirable, but muffled options, like brick ones, quite correspond to classical ideas about a country house.
- Shades brown. Look good, reminiscent of village houses. But it is not recommended to take cold or too dark.
- Delicate shades. Beige, pink, peach. Make the house a little bigger and more comfortable looking. Well suited for small houses, comfort in which - the main idea of design.
- Cool shades. Make the house also more in appearance, but at the same time stricter, darker. Well combined with glass or metal inserts.
This affects the finish:
- Pure plastic. It does not look too aesthetic, because in one glance it seems that the house cost the owners cheap. But for a small house, which should not be too elegant, adequate.
- Pure wood or stone. Natural materials are always beautiful. The tree looks warm, cozy, reminiscent of villages, pleasant childhood memories. The stone is more strict, but if it is combined with a tree, it will look softer.
- Pure metal. It is well combined with glass, perfect for home decoration in high-tech style. It gives a special gloss and rigor of style. Reminds of skyscrapers, industrial buildings.
- Clear glass. It is well combined with metal, very much depends on the specific glass. Transparent looks extravagant, rich, a bit strange. Matt is reminiscent of the sea, tall buildings, centers of large cities. Frosted glass is good to be colored, it gives it extra charm.
Stylish country house
- Under the brick. It is made with the help of PVC panels, the plastic for which is poured in several layers into a mold that copies the natural brickwork. From a distance it looks indistinguishable from a real brick, it is well-suited for a house in a classic style, plus it allows you to save - PVC is cheaper than real brick and much easier.
- Under the tree. It is made with the help of fiber cement or PVC, allows you to enjoy an aesthetic appearance, forgetting about all the shortcomings of the tree and that it needs to be refreshed so that it does not rot. From afar, again, indistinguishable, but close give out the nuances of color. The uniqueness of natural wood is absent.
- Under the stone. Natural stone is heavy and expensive, it is better to buy fiber cement or PVC for it. Of course, they wear out faster, but if you want to change the exterior of the house, it will be much easier to change them.